Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Remodel

When we moved into our house 11 years ago, it seemed so updated and new. Time and kids and wear & tear changes that. So we've been updating recently. New paint, new carpet, and finally a few updates in the kitchen.

The night before the new countertops went in, I handed the kids Sharpie markers and told them to "have at it." Notice the before coloring ... white countertops & backsplash and bleached out cabinets (you can't see the floor in these pictures but it was the exact same color as the cabinets -- too monochromatic).And the finished product ....
Major improvement, if you ask me. The floors were refinished, new countertops and backsplash. Those changes even gave the cabinets new life. We also extended the countertop so we have a bar for more seating. I couldn't be happier.

8 comments:

Allison Paige Blake said...

oh my gosh misty it looks SOO good. i looooovvvee it.

The Lymans said...

I LOVE it!! Good pick!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Oh, it's SO beautiful!! I think you had counters just like mine--I had never seen that before--the wood on the side of them. I thought it must just be a NY thing. ha ha (I will post a pic of mine when our remodel is done!) And I love the new backsplash, too. SO pretty!!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

LOVE IT! Looks so pretty!!!!

Happy2Bme said...

Wow! I seriously can't believe the difference it makes. It's beautiful!
And that's so fun you let the kids draw on the countertops.
I love it all!

P.S. Will you come finish ours? :)

Nancy Nina said...

What a huge difference! Really nice!

thederricks said...

Looks so beautiful! We have the same bar stools in our kitchen! Looks so nice!

Amy and Brad said...

LOVE it! That looks fantastic!