Elle: Sitting at the kitchen table, drawing pictures of the sunset we saw off of our balcony tonight. Stayed home from church today because she has a croupy-something going on. Thanks to her asthma, the tiniest sniffle becomes croup within a few hours. Is on a rhyming kick, constantly asking if certain words rhyme (and she's usually right).
Paige: Sitting on the floor playing Scrabble with Haley. (She doesn't stand a chance since Haley isn't known for being sympathetic during any competition.) Also stayed home sick from church today, although I suspect hers were sympathy symptoms -- she's acted fine all day. Danced the Thriller dance on Main Street with her dance company for trick-or-treaters.
Haley: Is agonizing over every word she's playing in her Scrabble game. She refuses to play anything unless it gives her top points. Currently obsessed with reading Harry Potter. She made a very cool haunted house and surrounding yard for a school project, complete with a popsicle stick fence, coconut grass and trees made from hot-gluing sticks together. She also made her costume this year -- she & a friend were glow-stick aliens. ??
Christian: Is at a Young Men's activity with dad - his first one since he just turned 12. Was ordained a Deacon today. I sat and cried, wondering how we got here so quickly. I love the cool guy he's becoming. The other day, he said to me, "Hey thanks, Carol." When I said, "What?" he replied, "Exactly." Random child.
Misty: Taking Halloween decorations down and bringing out the turkeys & such. Mike teases me about the quantity of decorations I've amassed over the years but I know he secretly loves how cool the house looks during holidays. Have a few loaves of pumpkin bread in the oven. How great is this time of year? Seriously.
Mike: At the YM activity with Christian, proud dad of his oldest child. Spent the morning with returned and future LDS missionaries, helping train them at Mission Prep. He's such a great teacher -- I can brag about him, right? He's only slightly obsessed (understatement) with UofU football. After we discussed spiritual stuff at dinner tonight, he then proceded to teach the kids about the upcoming TCU game and what it all means for the Utes. Poor guy wishes I cared more about it all.
3 comments:
What a great family!!!! And Christian was so handsome up there with the Bishop today. You should be very proud!
Nice! I love these glimpses into your family. Wow--Christian is 12?! How neat, but I know what you mean about crying. When Preston turned 12 (or was ordained, really), I didn't cry, but I felt like I was in some weird Twilight Zone. It was just ... weird. Christian's "Thanks, Carol" kills me. What a hilarious guy!! love it
It sounds like Haley is going to be the next Paul or Ashley Mayfield in the family. Her competiveness is fun to observe.
Christian has not only a great sense of humor, but he is as smart as his mom and dad. He is going to be a great orator.
Grandpa Mayfield
Post a Comment