Friday, June 3, 2011

End of school '11

Doesn't it feel like the end-of-school celebrations have been going on all week? Each of my kids has had a party or class auction or breakfast or movie or field day or something almost every day this week. Haley's school had a carnival for field day, with horse riding, face painting, bounce houses, etc. I didn't go because I could just picture Elle repeatedly begging to do it all, too, and I didn't want to have to fight her on it. She and I went to the park instead. Christian & Paige's school had field day at the rec center. Paige swam the whole time and Christian opted for basketball. My friend, Alison, texted me this picture.
Cracks me up that when she said, "Smile!" they all went for this super-stud-I-can't-be-bothered-with-picture-taking look.  Jr. High, here they come.

Look how cute & super creative I was for each of the kids' teachers.
There are Rolo's inside the little pencil. Cute, huh?   Or I may have just bought them at a little boutique, but I'll never tell.

There are a few end-of-school parties tonight (not that we offered to host one, don't worry) so Elle is getting a mom & dad date all by herself.  Everyone's happy.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

So, that cute pencil that you "made", well, my friend and I make the stuff at that little booth. So, I totally know how to do that, if you ever want to learn. And, loved that we ran into you at Salt City Burger. I know we were friends before in heaven, I have no doubt.

You're truly one of my bonus' from my job at Bountiful Orthodontics.

Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty said...

Oops, I had a major auto-correct typo in my comment so I deleted myself. Anyway .... Seriously, Tammy!! How funny that you made those pencils! I bought you ought the day I was there. Such a cute idea. You are WAY more crafty than me, my friend. :)

Misty said...

Holy cow! I bought you out, not ought. Whatevs.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I think the too-cool-to-smile picture is hilarious. We've had that going on for a while, but I think we're getting out of it. He goes into 9th grade (HIGH SCHOOL!!) in the fall, so maybe it's a middle school/jr. high thing. That pencil is SO DANG CUTE!! Oh my goodness! DARLING! I'm jealous of all the parties and end of school stuff. I SO wish we were done! 3 more weeks....