Saturday, June 11, 2011

She's way more fun than me

I have this friend -- Steph -- who is the epitome of 'fun mom.' And recently, she's outdone herself in my girls' eyes.

As Steph was dropping Haley off from school, she saw Elle dressed up in princess clothes (not an unusual sight around here) playing in her princess castle. Steph asked, "Elle, can I play in your castle, too?" Elle said, "You have to be a princess!"
A short time later, I hear a knock at the door ... and there is Steph, wearing the most princess'y dress she owns. She sang out, "Elle! I'm ready for our princess party!"
I might dress up as a princess if Elle begged me, but I guarantee it would never even occur to me to dress up and surprise a neighbor child. Go Princess Steph!

About the same time, Haley was telling Steph about her upcoming birthday party (which her daughter was coming to), and how everyone was supposed to come wearing pajamas. Steph said, "Oohh, thank you so much for inviting me! I can't wait to come!" Haley would roll her eyes and laugh it off, but Steph kept teasing her over the next few weeks about coming. Last night, when she came to drop her daughter off, Steph walked in wearing her pajamas, too ...
See? Way more fun than me. And my kids and I love it. :)

2 comments:

kenzi said...

Anything for the Mayfield kids... I just love them!!!

Tammy said...

So, seriously we were meant to meet. Steph and I have known each other since about the 8th me, 7th her grade. We grew up in the same stake. I love her. You must have a happening neighborhood, I keep running into mutual friends. I'm almost certain this is how heaven is going to be.