Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mom, you need this!

So I'm thinking my kids see a few too many commercials during their allotted t.v. time. This has become more evident recently as Paige has taken to quoting commercials to me in an effort to convince me to buy something. She doesn't quote toy commercials, though. She's particularly interested in mom-type items that she thinks I need to make my life easier. The other morning as I was getting breakfast ready, she said, "Mom, you need The Big City Slider Station. On a busy school morning, it makes 5 perfect egg sandwiches in an instant. Moms are going to love it! It's perfect for hamburgers. Just scoop, press and cook right on your stove. It's that easy!" I'm not kidding. Those were her exact words ... well, the exact words from the commercial perfectly quoted by my 5 year old.

She's particularly fond of the Buxton Organizer (an ugly purse/fanny pack-type thing) and tells me how much I need one every time I look through my purse for my keys, cell phone or whatever. "Mom! There's secret compartments and it can hold 2 water bottles and even an umbrella. Wow!" She knows how fond I am of purses and thinks this would be the perfect solution for me. I argued, "But Paige, those are ugly." She didn't back down. She found the one argument she thought I couldn't resist .... "But mom, it comes in red!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so my Paigie. She continues to amaze me with her verbalizing. Now she is quoting commercials verbatim! How can you resist? -- Paige's Proud Grandma

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

K, that is so cute (& hilarious)! She's brilliant AND thoughtful!! :) I love it!

P.S. That's so cool that you & Mike went to Chicago & saw Wicked, too. Your 70-degree weather beat my 15-degree HANDS DOWN! :)

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Thanks for sending me your "version" of Chicago! What an awesome trip! Love the romantic touches--what an awesome husband!! I wish we'd done a river cruise....mainly because that would mean we were there when the river WASN'T frozen. ha ha Your trip sounds fabulous! And, yes, getting away together is so great. I've got a head cold and on the flight home I was having quite a bit of pressure in my head on the descent, and it was awesome to have Kevin being so attentive. He's always attentive, but we don't sit together on planes any more! One of us sits with two kids and one sits with the other. Anyway... that's just a silly little example of how nice it was to just be the two of us together. Glad you enjoyed your trip so much--thanks for sharing! :)

Amy and Brad said...

That is hilarious! Danny (Paige's kindred spirit!) told me the other day that we need Mighty Putty really bad (we had a leak in a pipe) He went on to quote me exactly what Mighty Putty would do for us as a family (obviously from the commercial) Cracked me up!

Rachel said...

Thatis so hilarious. Chase is very much like that too - especially about that very same purse. We were at Costco the other day and I was verbally going over my shopping list and he said, "Hey Mom! You could really use the...blah blah blah" whatever little voice recorder comes with that purse. I can't believe they remember it verbatim.

Kelly said...

My kids think the Buxton organizer is the bomb. They say the same thing when I am frustrated at not being able to find my stuff in my purse.