Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tooooo many clothes

My older 2 girls share a room and a closet. It's the largest closet in the house, but they need it considering the amount of clothing they collectively own. You might be shocked at the sheer volume of clothes, but I have only purchased maybe 20% of it. We are happy recipients of lots and lots of hand-me-downs from cousins.

The problem with this ginormous closet is that it frequently goes from this ....
....to this:
(I can't get these pictures to turn upright -- curses!) I find myself hating this closet and all of their clothes, which always wind up on the floor, trampled under foot. Part of the problem, admittedly, is having too many clothes. Part of it is having a 5 yr. old who loves to change clothes 5 times a day. Part of the problem is also all of the open shelving -- there are no drawers to close off the mess.

I'm sure no one else's children have closets that look like this. At least that's what I tell my girls ... guilt is one way to motivate, right?

2 comments:

Erin Blake said...

Um, yeah. I'm pretty no one else does have two girls who have more clothes than a clothing store. I wouldn't have posted this pic. It will make people say "what the... that's crazy consumerism."
(Hey, bring me Haley's when you're done.)

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Um, my daughter's closet is pretty small (I gave her the bedroom with the prettiest window in the house, but the smallest closet...woops), so take your daughters' closet and just picture that ALL OVER THE ROOM!! I know what you mean.