Sunday, May 31, 2009

Preschool programs and other drama

This is Pam Wing -- quite possibly one of the best preschool teachers around. We love her. Three of my kids have gone to her preschool and Elle is already signed up for 2 years from now. Pam teaches because she loves to, not because she has to. That's huge.Last week was Paige's final preschool program. The kids sing a sampling of songs they have learned all year. I've been through this progam twice before and can now sing along myself. All of the other parents loved hearing me sing along, I'm sure. It's all good.The child has some facial expressions, that's for sure. And while Paige "oozes with personality" as Pam would say, her little friend Kamille takes the cake....She's the 2nd one from the left. Kamille has been in several plays and is definitely at home on the stage. Something upset her just before the performance so she decided to perform as little as possible during the entire thing. She kept that exact facial expression and didn't sing a note, while doing all of the actions half-heartedly. It was like she was saying, "I'll do this because I know I'm supposed to but I'm not happy about it and I won't do a stand-out job." Little did she know that she stole the show anyway.

The other drama that has been happening all year long involves Paige's best friend, Cameron.Paige adores Cam. Can you tell? She loves him so much that she doesn't want to share him with anyone else, which becomes a problem when you have 10 other kids in school with you who just might want to play with him, too. Enter Keaton ....Cameron and Keaton are friends, too, which frustrated Paige almost the entire year. She called Keaton her "worst enemy" and would report to us at dinner that she'd had a wonderful day when Keaton was absent or that she'd had a horrible day because "my best friend went home to play with my worst enemy!" Drama, that child. She was finally able to come to terms with Keaton by the end of the year and decided that he wasn't so bad after all. We haven't had a 3-way playdate or anything yet but we'll see. Baby steps.

After it was all over, Paige said to me, "Wow. I'm growing up so fast." Yes you are, cute girl. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Oh, I love the whole thing! From the song pictures to the anti-Keaton to the "I'm growing up so fast." HILARIOUS!! :)

Rachel said...

I get such a kick out of that Paigie of yours! She never fails to delight with her comments, oozie personality and her awesome dance moves.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I feel about that hug from Paige to Cameron. Ahhhh...the life of a father of daughters.