Thursday, October 1, 2009
Elephant parade
It's not often that you see elephants ambling their way down the middle of downtown. But it happens here, every year about this time, as publicity for the circus. Moms and kids come in droves downtown to see the clowns, scantily-clad circus women and yes ... the elephants.
Krista, Steph and I all got the memo to wear black that day.

Even the police got in on the action this year -- sporting clown noses, no less.
I love how Elle and her cousin, Simon, are holding hands.
When the clowns appeared, Paige whispered to me, "I'm so afraid of clowns! That's my deepest, darkest secret!" I hear ya, babe. This guy creeped me out, too.
Notice the baby riding the horse with this guy. Made me wonder what kind of a life it would be to grow up with the circus...
And finally ... the elephants.
As these huge animals walked mere feet from my kids, my sister leaned over and said, "I've seen too many 'animals gone wild' youtube videos to be completely comfortable with this..." Kind of creeped me out a little after that, too.
The whole thing lasts maybe 5 minutes (if that) but it's worth it. And it's free. My kind of entertainment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, what a party! I love that Paige told you her "deepest, darkest" secret (and I love that it's that she's afraid of clowns). That's so cute. Looks like such a fun time. :)
Hi, Misty, I just got caught up on you blog. Wow! a lot has happened since we left. I loved all the articles and pictures, especially Christians craftmanship article. Your weekly outings with friends look like so much fun. I look forward to more next week. Love, Zimbabwe Mom
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't even know about the elephant parade. Thanks for always letting me know so I can come.
I need to borrow someone's kids so I have a reason to keep enjoying these silly outings :)
Post a Comment