Monday, October 5, 2009

I love...

* not having to buy diapers anymore. Or change them. Awesome.

* fall. Cooler weather, orange, red & yellow leaves, pumpkins, Halloween decorations, football (yes, honey, I did just write that) .... Love this time of year.

* hearing tales from Zimbabwe from my in-laws.

* volunteering in my kids' classes more this year. Having only 1 child with me, I can spend more time in their classrooms. I love seeing their teachers in action, seeing how each child interacts in class, meeting their friends. Love that.

* the faces Elle is constantly pulling. She knows she can be funny and tries harder every day to make us all laugh. Works most of the time.

* a good read. Just finished Outlander. Could not put it down.

* blogging. Even if no one read this, I'd still love the creative outlet and knowing that I'm recording some of our family's stuff for my kids to read someday.

* taking a mother/toddler dance class with Elle. She tried a class on her own but it was quickly evident that she wasn't quite ready. She absolutely loves having mommy there with her now, though.

* a clean house. Wish mine was more often.

* the smell of fresh laundry (especially when pulled out of my red washer and dryer :} ).

* dessert. My top fav's are raspberry creme brulee from The Mandarin, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake from Red Butte Cafe, Paradise's chocolate chip cookies, Costa Vida's Tres Leches and Nordstrom Bistro's white chocolate bread pudding. My mouth is watering.

* humor and wit. I need humor in my life so I truly appreciate a clever blog, a funny status update on Facebook, a witty friend, a humorous husband, a cleverly written movie, funny t.v.

* sleep. Give me a pillow and blanket any time of day and I'd be out in a few minutes. Speaking of which, I'm outta here ....

2 comments:

Nancy Nina said...

I love women who aren't afraid to admit to loving dessert. Instead of "I would rather just have some fresh fruit." Whatever. Love, love, love those dessert-lovin' people!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Boy, that is totally me (except Elle's faces and dance class and in-laws in Zimbabwe... I don't have those in my life). I'm SO with you on the diapers, volunteering in kids' classrooms, dessert, etc. AMEN, Sista!