Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Golden Rule

You know the Golden Rule .... "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you." The Golden Rule of Christmas is "Give unto others what you wish you'd have given to you." At least, what I wish I'd gotten as a kid. Case in point: the Easy Bake Oven.I had always wanted one as a kid. The commercials seemed so cool -- you could make tiny little cakes and cookies in your very own oven!

Thankfully, my girls thought it was just as cool as I did when they received it for Christmas. From me. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted a cool blue dirt bike when I was a kid. Guess what Christian got for his birthday one year? Yup, the bike I always wanted.

Kimm said...

You and Mike are awesome parents!! Your kids are lucky!!

Erin Blake said...

Easy Bakes are lame.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Yeah, I do the same thing. "I wanted this as a kid...you'll love it!" And most of the time they do. Belinda LOOOOOOOVES her Easy Bake oven. And by the way, when I did her cooking-themed birthday party a couple of years ago, I found some recipes for the easy bake oven. The mixes in the bags come out to like $2 for a cookie, so if you want my recipes, just send me an e-mail! There are cakes and frostings and all that stuff. It looks like your girls are having a ball!

Kelly said...

Forget the Easy Bake! Where did Paige score that awesome apron?

Misty said...

I know, Kell, right??? :) Kelly's mother-in-law makes those adorable aprons.

Mom and Kenz said...

Lauren still can't give up her easy-bake... even though she bakes in the "hard-bake" oven now too!