Friday, July 30, 2010

Ensign Peak for Pioneer Week

I've never hiked to Ensign Peak before. Sad for a Utah native. It's a 20 minute, kid-friendly hike and it's worth the effort to get such amazing views of the valley. So in celebration of Pioneer Week, we made the short trek with the Bakers and the Hess's.Melissa & Steph -- hiking queens.Little girlie hiker, in her pink sparkly "hiking" shoes.And dirty bum.Huge excitement over this giant beetle. It looks like a tiny speck in the picture but he was ginormous. At least, that's what the 3 year olds said.Elle's favorite hiking companion.Could Tommy look any happier?Views from the top ....Scaring the parentals there, Cam.Fickle child switched her loyalties on the way down. She'd do anything to hang out with Lauren.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I guess this is one more thing to put on my list to do. I can't believe I have never done this hike either. The pictures are so clear. Fun to see the Salt Lake Valley again. Love, Mom in Africa

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Those are such cute pictures!!! I've never hiked it either. The dirty bum is cute. My kids look like that all the time. ha