Haley's birthday party was a hormone & sugar-filled romp for 4 hours. We had crepes for dinner, complete with Nutella, strawberries & whipped cream,
they watched a movie (more sugar - popcorn & candy),
we painted nails,
and finished up with birthday cake.
She had friends from her old school, current school and the neighborhood but they all played together just great. They were bouncing all over the place on a sugar high by the time I dropped them all off at 10pm, which I'm sure their parents just loved.
Note to self: do not let 10 year old girls (or anyone, for that matter) use fingernail polish or polish remover without supervision. They were doing great at the kitchen counter, but when a mom came to pick up her daughter and I stepped to the front door to talk to her, the girls moved the nail painting to our kitchen table. (You see where this is going, right?) Someone spilled some polish on the wood, which inspired someone else to pour polish remover on it to try to rub it off. The result is a mess of a wood table that will have to be repainted or covered. Major bummer.





3 comments:
Oh, oh, oh, ouch for the kitchen table!! UG! So sorry!! The party sounds like/looks like an absolute blast, though. And I'm very serious when I say I'm sorry I missed the crepes.
Holy toledo. That's a whole lotta girls. Fuuun. And I'm thinking crepes will be on the dinner menu for this week
Sounds like a great time! What an awesome mother. The table is just a thing (alright it is a nice thing), but those memories will last Haley a life time. You remind me of my Kindergarten parties, sugar them up and then send them home to their parents. At least I didn't have to deal with the sugar highs except for after Halloween where sugar seemed to last for at least 2 weeks. Glad everyone had so much fun. Love, Mom
Post a Comment