My sister & I arranged a birthday lunch for mom and her friends, and of course we tagged along, too.
Kelly scanned a bunch of old pictures and made a photo album of mom's life, which was so fun to see. We had a "How well do you know Joanne?" quiz and came up with some very unique-to-my-mom questions. For example, "What are some things that she freezes that aren't typically frozen?" Answer: bread, cheese, candy, donut holes, cookies ... pretty much everything.
The winner of the quiz got this porcupine dessert, that is one of mom's favorite things.
And her cake was marzipan, mom's other absolute favorite dessert.
Happy birthday, mom. You are one unique lady and I love you for it. :)

5 comments:
I just noticed that the bakery misspelled the word 'Happy.' Wouldn't you have fixed that, if you were them??
(I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but, um, yeah. If I were the bakery, I definitely would have fixed that!) This is such a cool party!!! I know what you mean, too--I used to think 70 sounded old, but it is NOT! What a beautiful invitation, beautiful pictures of your beautiful mom... and I love the quiz, too!! VERY fun!! Happy Birthday to your mom! :)
Misspelled or not it was one fun and happy birthday. Thanks so much to all of you who put it on. The trivia game was so funny - even for me and I know all the answers! The 70 yr. old Mom
Love the trivia idea. I also adore those porcupines...they've been known to sneak home with me on occasion.
What a great idea! You have a fabulous mom (and she has a wonderful daughter). Funny how time changes the "relativity" of age. My dad at 84 is just now seeming to be getting a little older... not old... but older.
Post a Comment