Sunday, May 29, 2011

My sweet life

Elle graduated from preschool this week and, as in years past, Miss Mikel gave each parent a book of their child's artwork, things they've achieved and the funniest list of questions/answers.  Throughout the year, Mikel asks the kids questions and then writes their answers down verbatim.  Here's some examples:

What is your mom afraid of?
* Some answers included spiders, tarantulas, dogs & cats, snakes, "ghostes" ...  One girl said, "My mom's not afraid of anything, but she screams when she sees spiders."  Elle's answer?  I'm apparently afraid of "dinosaurs and snowflakes."   Those creepy little snowflakes.

When I grow up, I will have ...
* Lots of answers about pets (a Nemo, a puppy, a rooster, even an elephant).  One girl said, "A bronchiosaurus.  But my mom is done with pets."  I can only imagine how many times that mom has said that exact line.  I'm done with pets!  Elle's answer: "My mom and dad said I can't have ANY babies OR cats or dogs or chihuahuas."  Meanest parents ever!  Guess you can tell we've had the 'Mommy's all done having babies' talk. :)

Other questions were "What makes you lucky?", "Who do you love?", "Who is your favorite friend?"   But my favorite question/answer was this...

What does your mom do while you are at preschool?
Elle: "She goes to a fun place with shopping and massages.  It's really, really fun!"

I would LOVE to know where that really fun place is!  I go shopping and have massages every time she goes to school?  SWEET!   Admittedly, I am very lucky to be a stay-at-home mom -- to go volunteer at school, take Elle to the zoo or wherever, spend time with grandma ..... There's obviously also plenty of daily monotony (cleaning, laundry, errands).  I just had no idea that Elle's perception of what I do during the day involves shopping and massages.    I'd really like to know where that fun place is, too.  Anyone wanna come with??

4 comments:

Erin Blake said...

You're not kidding anyone Misty. You have the life!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Yeah, I'll come with!

I love the "My mom and dad said I can't have ANY babies..." along with the pets. That is hilarious.

Becky said...

pick. me. life is not gonna be fun tomorrow. but actually, i am getting a massage on thursday. just for good measure.

Judy said...

Count me in. I want to go shopping with you any time. Love, Mom