Tuesday, May 17, 2011

mi familia

Christian:
   * Catchphrase -- "What the devil?"
   * Getting better at the guitar, will be going to a composition summer camp
   with his teacher
   * Has started wearing Mike's cologne, which smells great but kind of weirds
   me out a little since I associate it with my honey, not my son
  
Haley:
   * Just finished a cup stacking competition class at school, but came out
    cursing the fact that she couldn't ever beat her nemesis, Max
   * Has just started playing lacrosse and has discovered that she really
   enjoys it;  I just wish it wasn't 4 days a week
   * Loves taking voice lessons, although was literally scared to tears at her
   1st recital this week

Paige: 
   * Catchphrase -- "Hurtful!!"
   * Has recently started taking piano and thankfully practices without me
   ever having to ask her
   * After having the same adorable haircut for her whole life thus far (a
   heavily stacked a-line bob) which I love, she's finally getting to grow it out.

Elle:
   * Not necessarily catchphrases, but very frequently repeated phrases --
   "I'm hungry."  "I just need you!" (as she buries her face in my neck)
   * Knows how to spell everyone's name in our family and often makes
   individual name cards for the dinner table
   * Asks me daily, "Where should we go to lunch today??" and scowls when I say, "How about home?"

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to go, Haley, for taking up lacross! I think that's the most awesome bit of news on this post. I can't believe Elle can spells everyone's names and WRITE them. Mr. Simon is just barely starting to write the letters of his name, and I have to make him do it. Boy vs. girl? I hope so!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

You have the cutest kids!!! (The cologne would weird me out, too. Maybe he needs his "own" brand for his birthday or something??) I had no idea they have lacrosse in UT! It's huge out here. (And, yeah, 4 days a week would kill me.)

Mom and Kenz said...

What the devil is soooo Christian. And good job on the cup stacking Haley!!

Judy said...

Love the little snapshots of how the children are growing up. Love you all, Mom