Wednesday, May 25, 2011

- Just finished reading The Art of Racing in the Rain -- a book told from the dog's perspective.  Loved it.
- Still no lawnmower to mow our shaggy lawn, but...
- it feels like we're living in Seattle these days with non-stop rain so we can't mow anyway.
- Went swimming with the fam to celebrate the fact that Elle went to her primary class and actually stayed there (celebrate the small victories).
- There were 4 catalogs in the mail today - sweet!  I so rarely order from them but I love to just look and feel like I've been shopping.
- It must be the end of the school year 'cause I actually let Christian go with Mike to a late movie last night (sometimes a boy just needs to see Pirates with his dad).
- I have the same discussion daily with Paige that she can't wear her favorite outfit 3x/week (note to self: hide that outfit!).
- Greatest new discovery: shellac french manicure (still my own nails but the french manicure lasts 2+ weeks and doesn't chip).
- Buying a cheap trampoline may not have been the smartest choice ... the big kids were jumping with friends and after one big bounce together, they bent the frame and tumbled onto the grass.
- Just saw a movie where the girl chooses the cheating guy over her best friend, adorable John Krasinski.  I'm still thinking it must have been a joke ending.  Hello!  John Krasinski! 
- Must remember that my kids read this blog, too.  Paige just busted me for not really "babysitting" her stuffed animals the other day. 

4 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Hooray for Elle! Definitely--celebrate the small victories! LOL, too funny that Paige busted you for not babysitting her animals. I'm just impressed your kids read your blog. My entire family is clueless. I could say anything in the world on there! Also... I'm hearing you--I just busted Belinda for wearing the same shirt for about 74 days in a row! It's not "favorite" like it is for Paige, but she is on her way to wearing the same outfit every day until I stop her! AIGH!!

Erin Blake said...

CHELLLOOO! I told you not to see that movie. By the end, you don't even care who she ends up with, because you don't care about her. Everybody cheats. Everybody's stupid. EXCEPT Jon Krasinski and another CHELLLO, why did he not have a better story line? He just plays the dumb friend who has no depth of character. Seriously, one more scene at the Hamptons...

Erin Blake said...

oh also, I could NEVER read a book from a dog's perspective. I couldn't even open it up and begin the first page. Seriously Misty. No.

Misty said...

Erin - trust me on the book. He's a smart dog. :)