Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lagoon

I'm going to really like Lagoon (our local amusement park) this year - I can already tell. We decided to buy season tickets for our fam this year, which is a first for us. We only live 5 minutes away from Lagoon, so duh right? But it makes me happy to think that we can go for just an evening one day or spend the day at Lagoon-a-Beach, without feeling the pressure to go-go-go like in years past.

Sadly, as each year goes by and I try to ride the big rides that I used to love so much, I realize with increasing dismay that my stomach just cannot handle them anymore.  I get queasy just looking at the giant roller coasters and other rides.  Was it the years of morning sickness that has done me in?  The Tidal Wave used to be my favorite ride but I nearly lost my lunch yesterday when I rode it with Christian & Haley.  Sadly, the boy next to Christian literally did lose his lunch during our ride, which may have had something to do with my feeling of queasiness, too.  Blech....

If any of my local friends want to join us at Lagoon, feel free.  We'll probably be there all summer long.

7 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That will be so fun! And, yeah, not having the pressure to "do it all" will make it awesome.

Erin Blake said...

Cool Misty. there's a place by us too that I am doing that at..

Misty said...

Umm ... would that be DISNEYLAND???!???!??!

Laur said...

ummm.. Misty, really, five minutes? I'm just not positive about that.

Misty said...

Ok, true. 10 minutes max.

Kimi said...

We got season passes one year and it really was nice not to have to get there at opening and make them kick you out at closing just to get your money's worth.
I have always been amazed that no one has ever tossed their cookies on the Tidal Wave. I guess I just got lucky a hundred times.
Anyway, if you should happen, at Lagoon, to come across a really little kid with adorable longish curly hair who looks way too young to be working there, but is anyway, and whose name tag says 'Collin', do me a fave and drop a couple bucks at his game so his supervisor won't be all up in his grill. If you don't mind. Thanks.
P.S. I take Dramamine (new formula--no drowsiness!) or Bonine (chewable--24 hr effectiveness!) before Lagoon and I can ride up to 4 hard-core rides and a couple mid-levels before I start feeling blech. It's revolutionary!

Heather Armstrong said...

Jed, Tommy and I will be there on Friday, June 10th in the afternoon/evening. If you are there, we will say, "hello!"